I made a corset and I’m honestly so proud of myself. For the longest time, making a corset felt like the ultimate sewing challenge, borderline impossible. This winter, for whatever reason, I decided it was finally time to tackle it. If I failed, then at least I knew more about it than I did before and I would know where my upper limits were in sewing. But after weeks and weeks of hard work and profanity, I have a serviceable corset that is amazingly comfortable. It is only a matter of time before I scrap it for parts and start over.
I used Butterick B4254 for my pattern, with a few adjustments thrown in for a slightly better fit. I bought plastic boning by-the-yard, which allows it to be more easily washed. The busk was purchased on Etsy from BiasBespoke. It was the best value I found, and I’m planning on going back for any future hardware needs. I was lucky enough to have enough canvas and muslin lying around from previous projects, so the actual cost of this project was, I think, under $40.